Saturday, February 9, 2008

Too Much Music!



Jim Serediak at Hulbert's SLIDESHOW
Hulbert's
Edmonton is definately the place for live music. I had to choose between three excellent shows on Thursday. We chose dinner at Hulbert's, with Jim Serediak, Jamie Philp and John Towill - Jim's CD release of The Transcendent Sky. I haven't heard much from Jim over the past few years - he doesn't get out much, I guess. Jim is a thoughtful guy, and his tasty melodies were well supported by Jamie and John. I'm looking forward to hear more from him.

Kaley Bird at Cafe Select SLIDESHOW
Kaley Bird unplugged at Cafe Select. Twenty year old Kaley is definately a budding talent. Here solo show was well attended and the crowd was listening and having a good time. Kaley is a hard working singer songwriter, soaking up lots of gigs and experience. Give her a listen.

Shuyler Jansen and Jim Bryson at the Blue Chair SLIDESHOW
The Blue Chair
Shuyler Jansen and Jim Bryson at the Blue Chair Cafe. I only managed to catch a few tunes - and I want to hear more. Jim sounded much better in person than his web tunes on my tinny notebook. Shuyler's voice was rich and powerful. I enjoyed Jim's banter and had to tear myself away (it was late - and I have to work Fridays). Harold's Blue Chair Cafe brings consistently good music and high quality food. Check it out.

No comments: