Monday, February 25, 2008

Uptown Folk Club


The Uptown Folk Club has a great deal for musicians at their monthy open stage. Come on down, perform a few tunes - and they record directly to a DVD and give it to you - all it costs is your $4.00 performance fee. I dropped by to see who was playing. Lots of old friends and new faces too. The music is quite varied - and generally solid. Enjoyed Rock and Flower - they will be opening for STEW on March 7th. Weird that, one of the performances I enjoyed most was a song about a blind gunslinger (by Roy Stewart)-- of course I'm busy shooting pictures and missed the point! Met Jill Pollock & Jughead - and what fun they are to watch and hear. I'm told you can catch her regularly at the Druid open stage. Lots of interesting people and performances. I'll be back.

The Uptown Folk Club runs out of the Norwood Legion so there is food and drink available. Nice.

photos SLIDESHOW
Uptown Folk Club website

No comments: