Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gord Matthews at Jeffrey's Cafe


After catching Big Hank at the Blue Chair, and Andrew Glover at the Yardbird, I swung by Jeffrey's to catch a bit of Gord Matthews. I first saw Gord many years ago, with KD. Now days, I often hear is composition 'Third Best Thing' on my favorite radio - CKUA. Gord was supported by Michael Becker. I slid in enjoyed a few tunes, said hello and headed home to bed after a late night out.

Jeffrey's Cafe is a small restaurant, smaller if you want to be near the music. The fireplace wall separates the cafe into two sections. Arrive early, or make sure you book a table in the front section if you are coming to hear the music. Because of the small area in the front - it often fills up early in the week, or even before.

Jeff was in the house, and we said a quick hello. He's generally around, working the bar. Say hello next time you drop by. It's that kind of place.

Photos SLIDESHOW

Gord's webpage

Jeffrey's Cafe

No comments: