Sunday, March 9, 2008

Kristilyn Robertson with Dave Martin at Hulberts


Kristilyn and Dave traded chairs for the evening, she on keys, he on guitar.

I've heard Kristilyn a few times around town. She has done some new work, and especially enjoyed her tune Breathe, the lead tune on her latest CD "The Bee Tree".

Dave Martin was in town for the teacher's convention, and paired up with Kristilyn Roberts for a show at Hulbert's on Feb 28th. As far as I can remember, I've only heard a few tunes from Dave at one of the open stages, so it was a treat to hear a bit more. I actually listened to, and enjoyed Bottles in 1 Bag (when I'm taking pictures, I sometmes don't hear much). But my favorite of the evening was a very dark tune about a man who went missing (except for his head) and a wife whose alibi seems to be that she was sleeping in the woods. Daves delivery and also his guitar, was very, very dark -- exactly suited to the song. I want to hear that one again.

Photos SLIDESHOW

Hulbert's website
Kristilyn's website
Dave's MySpace

No comments: