Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lauren Busheikin at Four Rooms


I love jazz music, and I am partial to actually hearing the words to a song, so I was looking forward to catching some of Lauren Eva Busheikin at Four Rooms. I have heard her a few times before with Brennan Cameron, they seem well suited to each other. Brennan is so quiet, unobtrusive, in manner and playing - I almost have to remember to take his picture. This evening she had Joseph Lubinski-Mast on bass as well. Joe is becoming an in demand man about town. A few weeks ago, I seem to remember him performing on three successive nights, with three different groups.

The music was smooth and easy listening jazz, just right for a late time on Saturday night. From Nature Boy, to Fly to the Moon, to Dinji - the crowd relaxed and let the music flow through the room.

I love the lighting in Four Rooms, although the `WALK`light accross the street can be a bit annoying at times, the back-light thru the window creates a beautiful setting. Good food, great service and excellent jazz - what more could you ask for?

Photos SLIDESHOW

See all of my Four Rooms galleries

No comments: