Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rick Fines and Suzie Vinnick at Blue Chair


The place was packed. The music was great and the audience was enjoying intensely. "Wow, they are fantastic", I said quietly, to Mike Sadava, and he pointed to the 'silence' poster beside the stage.

From "We've Got a Love Like That" to "How'd You Know I Missed You?". Voices a bit rough, sound very, very smooth. Singing solo, harmonizing, Suzie soars, Rick provides a foundation. Then Rick leads off with his unique voice.

I had two other stages to visit, but I had to stop here for a while. I do get out a lot, and Rick Fines and Suzie Vinnick was the best show I have heard in some time. "They've got a sound like that".

And the Blue Chair, true to form -- during the break the musicians wander into the audience to say hello and sell CDs. A great place to hear music, pick up some gifts for yourself and others, and meet the music makers.


Photos SLIDESHOW

No comments: